Jive Communications was founded by Almira Bardai and Lindsay Nahmiache in 2008.
The mission was, and still is today, to provide the best client experience, create exceptional brand stories and drive maximum traditional and social media coverage.
We are one of Canada’s leading boutique agencies. Being boutique enables us to move fast and put all of our resources into getting you the best coverage possible, ensuring maximum return for your PR investment.
Here are a few words that our partners use to describe Jive: dynamic, smart, creative, fun, fast-paced, honest, trustworthy and always ahead of trends.
- 15+ years PR industry experience
- Recently went to Kyrgyzstan (yes, that’s right Kyrgyzstan) to consult and prepare a national communications plan
- Runs everything from large-scale consumer brands to global advocacy campaigns
- Head of Global PR at Cobra Beer, UK
- Corporate PR in Sydney, Australia
- Worked as a PR consultant at Wilcox PR, one of Canada’s premier agencies. Managed PR campaigns for high profile international and national brands, including Nike, Best Buy, Future Shop, Molson, TELUS, Purdy’s Chocolates, London Drugs, Starwood Hotels, Translink, etc.
- Co-chair of Starlight Children’s Foundation’s marketing communications team 6+ years
- Volunteers with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), the world’s largest non-denominational aid organization, and Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), its local implementation organization/NGO in the developing world
- Mentor for young female entrepreneurs
- Bachelor’s of Applied Science, in Communications, from Simon Fraser University.
- Loves exotic destinations and champagne
- 12+ years PR industry experience
- Recently named one of Canada’s Top 100 most powerful women (www.wxnetwork.com/top-100/top-100-winners/)
- Lived and produced films in Bollywood (Mumbai, India – Contiloe Films)
- Worked in London, England for E! Entertainment Television (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and The Rolling Stones
- Worked on numerous PR campaigns at Cannes and Toronto International Film Festivals.
- Co-Founder of Projecting Change Film Festival (www.projectingchange.ca) a non-profit ‘TED Talks meets Film Festival’ event on social and environmental issues
- Adviser for UBC (University of British Columbia) on program/course curriculum – Digital Communications
- Mentor for FWE (Forum for Women Entrepreneurs)
- Mentor for TiE Young Entrepreneurs Program (15-17 year old budding entrepreneurs – www.tie.org/tyeglobal).
- Built a financial literacy app for kids aged 2-4 that teaches them the importance of saving from a young age (Pogo Pig Savings – bit.ly/TwWRnO)
- Honours degree (summa cum laude) in Communications from the International University of London, UK
- Keynote speaker in Europe, Canada, USA and Asia on the importance of integrated sales & marketing for personal PR and corporate branding
- Loves random trips and champagne