There is a lot of talk in this world but not much is actually being said. We started Jive to create conversations that have impact and actually make a difference. No BS, no fluff – real connections with measurable results.
Connection is essential to everything we do at Jive as it is what builds trust, loyalty and customers that don’t even think about going elsewhere.
Can we mass distribute a press release for you? Yes. Do we like to? No.
We believe your story, just like your business, is unique and deserves a personalized approach to having it told. Based on our core values and PR philosophy, we take the time to handcraft personal pitches for individual journalists based on their area of focus. No cookie cutter PR here, we create and customize based on your uniqueness.
We know we do things differently at Jive. Our people, our culture and our results are exceptional – we only take on projects that excite us because at the end of the day, if we are passionate about what you do, then you can sure as heck bet that we will encourage the media to be too.
If you are ready to have a conversation, we are ready to listen.
- 17+ years PR industry experience
- Went to Kyrgyzstan to consult and prepare a national communications plan
- Runs everything from large-scale consumer brands to global advocacy campaigns
- Former Head of Global PR at Cobra Beer, UK
- Corporate PR in Sydney, Australia
- Worked as a PR consultant at Wilcox PR, one of Canada’s premier agencies. Managed PR campaigns for high profile international and national brands, including Nike, Best Buy, Future Shop, Molson, TELUS, Purdy’s Chocolates, London Drugs, Starwood Hotels, Translink, etc.
- Finalist for the 2014 YWCA Metro Vancouver Women of Distinction Awards
- Western Canada Finalist for the 2014 Notable Awards in Public Relations and Communications
- Volunteers with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), the world’s largest non-denominational aid organization, and Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), its local implementation NGO in the developing world
- Mentor for young female entrepreneurs
- Regular speaker on public relations, marketing and branding panels including SFU’s Beedie School of Business
- Bachelor’s of Applied Science, in Communications, from Simon Fraser University.
- Loves exotic destinations and champagne
- 12+ years Business Communications experience
- Recently named one of Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women by the National Post
- Worked on numerous PR campaigns at Cannes, Toronto International Film Festival, MIPTV and others
- Lived and produced films in Bollywood (Mumbai, India – Contiloe Films)
- Worked in London, England for E! Entertainment Television (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and The Rolling Stones
- Co-Founder of Projecting Change Film Festival (www.projectingchange.ca) a non-profit ‘TED Talks meets Film Festival’ event on social and environmental issues
- Mentor for FWE (Forum for Women Entrepreneurs)
- Mentor for TiE Young Entrepreneurs Program (15-17 year old budding entrepreneurs).
- Adviser for UBC (University of British Columbia) on program/course curriculum – Digital Communications
- Built a financial literacy app for kids aged 2-4 that teaches them the importance of saving from a young age (Pogo Pig Savings)
- Honours degree (summa cum laude) in Communications from the International University of London, UK
- Keynote speaker in Europe, Canada, USA and Asia on the importance of integrated sales & marketing for personal PR and corporate branding
- Loves random trips and champagne