Jive was born out of our shared desire to do PR differently. Both of us spent 6+ years living and working abroad where, through our individual careers, we both experienced what it takes to build a successful international brand. When we came back to Canada we saw a gap in the market for PR firms that actually go beyond the cookie cutter ‘tactical’ PR approach.
We don’t believe in creating traditional press releases and mass distributing them, it just doesn’t work. We believe in a personalized approach to every client’s communications strategy. Maybe social media isn’t the right focus for your brand right now, maybe you need to focus more on direct consumer engagement – you don’t know until you take a very hard look at what ALL of your business objectives are (sales, operations, development, etc).
We like to do things differently, we love ‘looking under the hood’ and developing a unique communications approach to meet your unique business objectives. We’re not always going to tell you what you want to hear, we’re tough but our process works and we get results.
In addition to results, our other focus in on relationships. If we decide to work together you are not a client, you are a partner. A member of the Jive team will become so integrated in your company that you will feel like you always have someone there to talk to and bounce an idea off of. We love being a part of your success, it’s why we do what we do.
Our philosophy is simple – focus on results and relationships and have a lot of fun in the process!
- 15+ years PR industry experience
- Recently went to Kyrgyzstan to consult and prepare a national communications plan
- Runs everything from large-scale consumer brands to global advocacy campaigns
- Head of Global PR at Cobra Beer, UK
- Corporate PR in Sydney, Australia
- Worked as a PR consultant at Wilcox PR, one of Canada’s premier agencies. Managed PR campaigns for high profile international and national brands, including Nike, Best Buy, Future Shop, Molson, TELUS, Purdy’s Chocolates, London Drugs, Starwood Hotels, Translink, etc.
- Co-chair of Starlight Children’s Foundation’s marketing communications team 6+ years
- Volunteers with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), the world’s largest non-denominational aid organization, and Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), its local implementation organization/NGO in the developing world
- Mentor for young female entrepreneurs
- Bachelor’s of Applied Science, in Communications, from Simon Fraser University.
- Loves exotic destinations and champagne
- 12+ years Business Communications experience
- Recently named one of Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women by the National Post (http://business.financialpost.com/2013/12/03/women-in-power-canadas-100-most-powerful-women)
- Co-Founder of Projecting Change Film Festival (www.projectingchange.ca) a non-profit ‘TED Talks meets Film Festival’ event on social and environmental issues
- Lived and produced films in Bollywood (Mumbai, India – Contiloe Films)
- Worked in London, England for E! Entertainment Television (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and The Rolling Stones
- Worked on numerous PR campaigns at Cannes and Toronto International Film Festivals
- Adviser for UBC (University of British Columbia) on program/course curriculum – Digital Communications
- Mentor for FWE (Forum for Women Entrepreneurs)
- Mentor for TiE Young Entrepreneurs Program (15-17 year old budding entrepreneurs – www.tie.org/tyeglobal).
- Built a financial literacy app for kids aged 2-4 that teaches them the importance of saving from a young age (Pogo Pig Savings – bit.ly/TwWRnO)
- Honours degree (summa cum laude) in Communications from the International University of London, UK
- Keynote speaker in Europe, Canada, USA and Asia on the importance of integrated sales & marketing for personal PR and corporate branding
- Loves random trips and champagne