Jive Communications is one of Canada’s leading boutique agencies based out of Vancouver and Toronto. Jive strives to provide the best client experience, create exceptional brand stories, and drive maximum traditional and social media coverage.
From brand and corporate to film and entertainment, Jive Communications’ clients are some of the leading companies in their industries. Jive considers all of their client relationships partnerships and strives to build brand awareness through traditional media, social media, demographic outreach, and experiential PR events.
Account Manager (Vancouver Office)
Public Relations & Communications
Position Type: Full-time
Desired Start Date: Immediately
The perfect candidate must be a highly motivated, self-starter with at least 3-5 years PR experience as well as possess exceptional account management/direction, media relations, strategic capabilities, strong press contacts, social media, and client liaison skills.
The role will include working closely with both Jive partners, other account team members, as well as clients on specific day-to-day deliverables to implement PR campaigns.
Jive is in the midst of expanding and bringing on more clients. In order to maintain the personal, ‘boutique’ feel of the individual nurturing relationships with these clients, the perfect candidate will be integral in making this transition happen. A focus on client service and building loyalty is key.
Main Job Duties
Your role would include, but not be limited to the following:
- Consumer PR – Use one’s expertise to plan and implement dynamic PR campaigns
- Corporate PR – Plan and implement impactful media/PR campaigns
- Publicity – Generate positive news coverage across the broad media spectrum through solid press relations
- Strategic Planning – Develop and execute strategies aligned with the client’s key business objectives
- Creativity – Utilize knowledge of the media to recognize media angles and pitch media outlets successfully
- Excellent Writing Skills – Draft pitches and other written press materials
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in Public Relations, Communications, or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years PR experience, including minimum 1.5 years account management
- From concept to completion, has expertise to deliver a successful PR campaigns exceeding client expectations
- Experience in leading and strategizing a reactive and proactive press office and handling incoming press inquiries
- A wide & strong network of regional/national contacts across the media spectrum
- Ability to build relationships on an internal and external level
- Team player, working well under pressure and thrives in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Excellent publicity skills – oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding and experience in social media strategy, campaigns, execution and analytics
- Strong detail-orientation, organizational, and time management skills
- Demonstrates initiative, innovation, integrity, and professionalism
- Exceptional client management skills
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise tact when dealing with sensitive issues
- Access to a smartphone, laptop computer (Jive is a bring-your-own device company)
Applicants should submit their cover letter and CV with the subject heading “Account Manager Application – [Insert Full Name]” to Almira Bardai, Partner of Jive Communications at email@example.com.
We are looking to fill this role immediately as such, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.